Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lake Powell and a Few Other Things


Last week Justin and I had the privilege of going to Lake Powell with my family for the week. It is one of my favorite family traditions. Who wouldn't love hanging out on a boat for an entire week???



Justin, Me, Grace, Dad, Becca
Rainbow Bridge

Eating ice cream at the dangling rope marina
 The following picture is the typical Grace picture. She was trying to get the carp to suck on her toes. She covered her feet with ice cream and stuck them in the water. Success! 

Anyone wonder what happens when you fall asleep at Lake Powell?



First you get your picture taken.


Then you get your toenails painted. Pink and purple.


Justin making a sweet watermelon basketball shot!


Justin didn't fall asleep... the girls got him while he was reading.

Basically Lake Powell was amazing. I love spending time with friends and family! Not to mention we got to attend the Navajo ward in Page, AZ. If you are ever at Lake Powell on a Sunday I would highly recommend going over there. The people were so so so nice!
***
-A little cooking endeavor-

 I put chicken and some spices and a yummy honey glaze in the crockpot around noon and when I got back from work I found this:



All I could do was laugh. I guess you have to burn dinner every once in a while. No worries though, we were able to use the middle of the chicken on a chicken spinach Alfredo pizza which turned out really yummy. So it wasn't really a failure... right?

***


Cami C. Hayley, Angie C. Angie T. Cami N. Nikki, Emily
These are my childhood friends. We haven't all been together for over three years! I went on my mission in 2009, Cami C. left later that year and Nikki left in 2010. I got back in 2010, Cami C. in 2011, and Nikki in 2012. So there you have it. We're all back together again. It is so interesting how you can spend such a long time apart from each other and then you get back together and you can talk and talk and talk. I remember slumber parties, girl talk, riding the bus home from school, lemonade stands, and of course middle school drama. We went through a lot together, the  seven of us. I love them all so much and I am grateful for all that they taught me growing up. They are all such great examples. They are wonderful women. 


No comments:

Post a Comment