So I guess you could say that I'm using my blog as a journal for now... just to keep up to date with things. So I want to write quickly about our AMAZING trip to NYC. If you haven't been there I would highly recommend it. Our trip included but is not limited to the following:
- Being only a few blocks from Time Square
- Going to the LARGEST most OVERWHELMING Toys R Us store
- M&M store
- The Museum of Natural History (which, in case you were wondering, is not at all like the movie Night at the Museum)
- The Statue fo Liberty
- Ellis Island (though I have to admit only my mom and dad were able to stay awake during the little movie we watched)
- Drinking the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever tasted
- Going to the World Trade Center Memorial pools
- Seeing WICKED
- Rain soaking through my shoes almost everyday
- Going to a cute little Hungarian restaurant and getting to introduce my family to the delectableness of Hungarian cuisine
- Seeing the Rockettes perform in their Christmas program
- Macy's Thanksgiving day parade - There were SO many people and because of my height I could only see the huge balloons - I couldn't see any of the floats
- Having room service Thanksgiving dinner
- Visiting the Manhattan Temple
- Waiting in line for hours to see the top of the Empire State building
- Going to the Nintendo store (which was more of a highlight for my brothers and Justin than it was for me)
- Seeing the street performers - escpecially the teenage boys who got on our subway car and started doing tricks "Not easy to do people, not easy to do on a moving train"
- Talking with the Taxi driver about the Gospel
I'm grateful for the opportunity we had to go to New York! It was a nice break from school and basically from all our cares. I don't think that I would ever want to live there.... but it was nice to visit.


No comments:
Post a Comment